Enroll in the course
The Turnitin LTI is a role based tool that displays information based on your course level role. If you are configuring Turnitin settings for the first time, you will want to enroll yourself in the course to set Turnitin default settings.
Enable Turnitin External Tool
Once the assignment is created in Ember, click Edit to configure settings to require submissions through the Turnitin software.
- Select External Tool when selecting the Submission Type.
- Type in Turnitin to search for the Turnitin LTI.
- Click Find to search for the Turnitin LTI.
Configure the Turnitin LTI
Once you have searched for the Turnitn LTI, you will see a list of all approved LTI's.
- Select Turnitin LTI from the list that appears.
- Once you have selected Turnitin LTI from the list, you will see the URL appear in the field provided.
- Click Select to finish the configuration.
Configure additional Turnitin settings
You can create additional settings using the Turnitin software, such as rubrics or when similarity reports are released to students. Click here for more information.
View Turnitin enabled assignment
Once you have enabled the Turnitin LTI tool, you can view the Turnitin settings to ensure that the Ember assignment is set up correctly. A Turnitin enabled assignment will look different to students as the submission box differs slightly.
- Assignment description will be located at the top of the assignment.
- Title of the assignment will still match the Ember assignment.
- instructors do have the option to include special assignment instructions
- Any addtional optional settings configured within Turnitin will be viewable by students.
- Max grade is viewable by students.
- Turnitin availability and due dates will adopt those put in place by the dates indicated on the Ember assignment. If there are no dates put in place, Turnitin will auto-assign dates.