You can improve your daily interaction with Ember by adjusting your Notification Preferences following the steps below. Before you can set your Notification Preferences, you will need to set the ways you want to receive communications. You can learn how to Add an Email Address or an SMS contact in the Set Communication Preferences page.
View Set Notification Preferences
By default, your notifications will be set as follows:
- Due Date: Emailed weekly
- Grading Policy changes: Emailed weekly
- Course Content: Emailed never
- Files: Emailed never
- Announcements: Emailed right away
- Grading notifications: Emailed right away
- New Invitations: Emailed right away
- Submission Comments: Emailed daily
- Discussion: Emailed daily
- Discussion Post: Emailed never
- Added to Conversation: Emailed right away
- Conversation Messages: Emailed right away
- Appointment Sign-ups: Emailed right away
- Appointment Cancellations: Emailed right away
- Calendar Changes: Emailed never
- Membership Update: Emailed daily
Customize Notification Preferences
You may customize your notifications to fit your needs. If you have multiple communication channels, you can set the frequency in which you would like to be contacted for each communication channel. When you hover over a cell, four icons appear.
1. Checkmark icon: Get notifications right away
2. Clock icon: Get notifications daily
3. Calendar icon: Get notifications weekly
4. X icon: Choose not to receive notifications
Note: Each set notification preference will apply to all of your courses.Â
By selecting the Checkmark icon, you will be immediately notified of any change for the activity.
By selecting the Clock icon, you will be notified daily of any change for the activity.
By selecting the Calendar icon, you will be notified weekly of any change for the activity.