SpeedGrader makes it easy to evaluate individual student assignments and group assignments quickly.
You can access SpeedGrader through:
- Graded discussions
Sort student list
- Click the dropdown box to display a list of students in the course. By default, students from all sections will be displayed.
- If you want to sort students by section, click Show all sections.
- If you want to sort students from a specific section, then select the specific section.
View assignment indicators
For easy identification, each student is associated with an assignment submission status next to his or her name:
- A green checkmark indicates the assignment has been graded.
- An orange dot indicates the assignment has not been graded.
- If the student's name is grey and faded, then the assignment has not been submitted.
Evaluate individual assignments
SpeedGrader opens the assignment for the first student listed in the student list, which is arranged alphabetically by last name.
View student submission
View the student's assignment in the main body of SpeedGrader.
To provide comments on the assignment, you can download the submission, put feedback on the document, and reupload the submission.
View submission details
- You will see each individual submission along with the date and time that it was submitted.
- A red notification will appear if the assignment was submitted after the due date.
- If the assignment called for any uploads, you can download the files that students have submitted.
View most recent submission
- If a student has submitted more than one assignment, the submission view will include a dropdown menu where you can view prior submissions.
- By default, the date of the most recent assignment will always be shown first. A note will always appear if you are not viewing the most recent submission.
Assign a grade
To submit a grade for the student's assignment, simply place a number or grade (depending on the assignment settings) that you would like to assign the student in the text field provided.
Assign a grade using a rubric
If there is a rubric for the assignment, click the View Rubric button to evaluate the assignment using the rubric criteria.
Communicate with your students
- If your student inserted a comment when they submitted the assignment, it will show up in SpeedGrader.
- If you would like to submit a comment on the evaluated assignment or respond back to them, type in the Add a Comment field.
- If you have given feedback directly within a document, you can attach a file by clicking the paper clip icon.
- When you are ready to submit your feedback, click the Submit Comment button.