Some video files may be too large to be uploaded to Ember via document submission or attachment. However, there are several other ways that you can upload videos to Ember to complete your assignment submission.
- Your university may already have a dedicated application for uploading video content, such as Kaltura.
- If they don't, an alternate means such as Youtube or Google Drive will allow you to upload video content, and link it to Ember.
Sign in, or create a Google account
- Sign in, or create a Google account.
Upload your video to your Google account
In order to upload video content on Youtube or Google Drive complete the following steps:
- See instructions on uploading video to Youtube, OR
- See instructions on uploading video to Google Drive.
Once your video content is uploaded to an alterative site, you can link the video to your assignment submission.
Link video to assignment submission
Once you have uploaded video to Youtube or Google Drive, you will be able to link your video to your assignment submission.
Add YouTube video to your submission
- In you assingmnet submission box, select the Text Entry tab
- Click the hyperlink button
3. Copy and paste the Youtube link in the text box.
The link will automatically embed within the post when you submit your assignment.
Add link to Google Drive video to your submission
- Select the "Google Drive" tab in the submission box.
- Authorize Ember access to your gmail account and Google Drive
3. Return to submission box and select your video file to upload.
4. Select Submit Assignment and you will be prompted by an Upload Submission textbox.
Please note: Depending on the size of the file, it may take some time for the file to be submitted.
Once you have submitted your assignment, you will recieve notification that your file has been successfully submitted.