Here, you will learn how to create an assignment within your course.
Note: The ability to add or edit assignments within your course is dependent on your permissions.
Add an assignment
- In course navigation, click the Assignments link.
- Click the + Assignment button to create a new assignment.
Create assignment description
- Add a title to the assignment
- Use the text editor or HTML editor to create new content.
- Use the content selector on the right to link to or add existing content.
For more information on how to create content with the tools in Ember, click here.
Select assignment settings
Create your assignment by completing the following fields:
- Input the amount of points this assignment will be worth.
- Select the assignment group you would like this assignment to belong to (if applicable).
- Select how you would like the grade for this assignment to be displayed as by choosing from Display Grade As options:
- Complete / Incomplete
- Letter Grade
- GPA Scale
- Not Graded
- Select the Submission Type:
- No Submission
- On Paper
- External Tool
- Select assignment availability options:
- The Assign to field allows you to configure multiple due dates if you are teaching multiple sections.
- Select a due date for the assignment.
- If you would like this assignment to be available only during a certain time, select the availability dates.
- Select Notify users that content has changed so that all users who are subscribed to content updates will be notified.
- If content is unpublished, you can select Save to save a draft of the assignment or you can select Save & Publish if you are ready to allow students to access the assignment.
Review and publish assignment
After you have created or edited your assignment, you will want to view the assignment to see how content will be viewed by students. If the assignment is not yet published, simply click the Publish button to make the content accessible to students.
On the Assignments page, you will see a list of course assignments.
- Click the options button towards the right of a specific assignment
- Select Edit to make changes to the assignment.