Rubrics are only available if the Discussion is a graded Discussion.
Add a Rubric
- Ensure the Discussion is a graded discussion.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Add Rubric to create a rubric for the discussion.
Create a Rubric
When you click Add Rubric a dialogue box will appear. Complete these steps to create a rubric:
- Create a rubric Title.
- Click Add Criterion to add additional rubric evaluation criteria.
- Click Find Outcome Criterion to align any Outcomes you have created within the rubric.
- Enter the number of points each criteria is worth.
- Select I'll write free-from comments when assessing students to provide your own feedback instead of the criteria detailed in step 3.
- Select Use this Rubric for assignment grading to link rubric scores with the Gradebook.
- Select Hide score total for assessment results to remove the total score from the student view. Note: Students will be able to see the points possible for each criterion.
When done, click Create Rubric to save your rubric.