You can create rubrics that can be used across the different assignment types within your course or you can create a specific rubric for an assignment as the process is the same. Once you create a rubric, the rubric is saved in your course for future use.
Note: The ability to add or edit pages within your course is dependent on your permissions.
Create a rubric for multiple assignments
Create a rubric for a specific assignment
Select an assignment
- In course navigation, click the Assignments link.
- Click on the title of the of the assignment.
Create a rubric
When you click Add Rubric a dialogue box will appear. Complete these steps to create the rubric:
- Create a rubric Title.
- Click Add Criterion to add additional rubric evaluation criteria.
- Select I'll write free-from comments when assessing students to provide your own feedback instead of the criteria detailed in step 3.
- Select Use this Rubric for assignment grading to link rubric scores with the Gradebook.
- Select Hide score total for assessment results to remove the total score from the student view. Note: Students will be able to see the points possible for each criterion.
- Click Find Outcome Criterion to align any Outcomes you have created within the rubric.
- Enter the number of points each criteria is worth. The total points will be added automatically and this should match assignment total max points.
- When done, click Create Rubric to save your rubric.