When you log in to Ember after the new update you will see that things look significantly different. Ember has been redesigned to make it easier for you to access what you need more efficiently. Don't worry! You can still access everything you're used to, just in a whole new way. Here are a few things that might help you as you adjust to the new design:
Global Navigation & Help Corner
- Dashboard - All account options including: account settings, profile settings, notifications settings, ePortfolios, and the logout button are all under one menu on the left-hand side labeled “Account.”
- Courses - Your Courses menu is now located on the left-hand side and now expands out rather than being a dropdown menu.
- Calendar - Your Calendar is now located on the left-hand side.
- Inbox - Your Conversations Inbox is now located on the left-hand side.
- Help - To get help, you now click on the button with a “?” on the lower left-hand side.
Dashboard & Grades
- Dashboard - There is now a button for you to navigate to your Dashboard. This is still what you first see when you login to Ember.
- View Grades - To View Grades, you will now click the button on the right-hand side. This button previously was part of the Global Navigation towards the top.
- Coming-Up - Your Coming-Up feed is still located on the right-hand side. However, the new UI is responsive so if you login with a mobile device or adjust your browser window width, you may see this feed towards the bottom depending on the width of the browser window.
- Recent Feedback - As with your Coming-Up feed, the Recent Feedback will be on the right-hand side or towards the bottom of your dashboard depending on your browser window's width.
- Global Navigation & Help Corner - You will no longer see Global Navigation or the Help Corner at the top. In the new UI, they will be on the left-hand side.
- Course Navigation - Course Navigation will now be located between the course home page and global navigation.
- Course Modules - Your Course Home Page or Course Modules will remain in the same location, in the center.
Comparing the New and Old UI
Here is a demo video comparing the new Ember UI and old Ember UI.