The ability to create a course group in Ember is dependent on the permissions set forth by your university administrators. Here you will learn how to create student groups within your course.
Navigate to groups
- In course navigation, click the People link .
- Check to see if there are any existing group sets before creating new ones. Click the Groups tab  or the View User Groups button  to view the Groups page.
Add group set
The first step in adding a group is to create a group set that will house the group. Once you have done that, you can manually or automatically create groups in the set.
- Click + Group Set to get started.
Select group set options
Students can belong to only one group within a group set. Select your options based on how you would like to use the groups housed within the group set.
- Create a group set name.
- Choose whether or not you would like to allow self sign-up.
This allows students to organize themselves into groups instead of requiring the instructor to do so. If this setting is enabled, students can move themselves from one group to another.
- Choose group structure.
Click Save to create the group set.
Click the + Group button to get started.
Set group options
- Create a group name.
- Optional: Set a limit on the number of group members.
- View the section for which you are creating this group.
Click Save to create the group.
Note: The section that appears will automatically be the section that you are assigned. If you have been assigned multiple sections, you will need to choose from the dropdown menu to select the section in which you would like this group to be created.
Add members to a group
There are two ways to add members to a group.
A. Drag and drop
Drag the name of the student you would like to add into the group that appears to the right.