This article will help you to add a recurring event to your course or group calendar. Events are different from Assignments in Ember. Events that you create on the calendar will not appear on the Assignments page or in the Gradebook, but they will show up on the Syllabus page and student calendars. When creating a recurring event, you can chose to create multiple copies of an event every day, week, or month.
Note: Events are not linked together, and once created, they have to be modified individually.
Select a date
There are two ways to add a calendar event:
- You can click the Add icon to add an event or assignment to the calendar.
- You can also click on the date you wish to add the event.
Note: Click the arrows next to the month name to navigate to a different month.
Edit new event
- Enter a title for the event.
- If you clicked the Add icon, the date will default to the current date. If you clicked the date from the calendar, your date will already be entered.
- Specify the start and end time for your event. To create an all-day event, leave the From fields blank so there is no start and end time for your event.
- Select the calendar from the dropdown menu on which you would like this event to appear.
- Click More Options to add more information or create a recurring event.
Click More Options
When you click More Options, you will enter a new screen that will allow you to add more context to your calendar event and do the following:
- Use the advanced HTML Editor to embed content.
- Use the text editor to format your calendar event description, add information, or link to external content.
- Assign to different sections that you are enrolled in (if applicable).
- Add a location or address such as a web conferencing link or meeting invite URL.
- Create a repeating calendar event for events happening more frequently than one time within your course.
Once you have added content and/or determined the frequency of your event, be sure to click the Create Event button in order to save all changes.
Set recurring event options
For events that occur more than once in your course, you can use the recurring calendar event option.
- Click the Repeat checkbox toward the bottom of your calendar event. Once you click this, you will see expanded options.
- Optional - Input the time elapsed between each repeated event. By default, the time between each event is one (1) cycle.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the frequency of the repeated event (i.e., days, weeks, months).
- Optional - Input the number of occurences to determine how many times this event will occur based on your course or group settings.
- Optional - Click the Count checkbox to append a number to the end of each event title (i.e., Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, etc)
- Click the Create Event button to create the recurring events. Events are not linked together, and once created, they have to be modified individually.
Note: By default, events are repeated every week. Weekly events are replicated on the day of the week of the first event. For instance, if an event is created on a Tuesday and repeats weekly, the next instance of the event will appear on the following Tuesday, regardless of the actual date. Monthly events are replicated on the day of the month of the first event. For instance, if an event is created on March 28 and repeats monthly, the next instance of the event will appear on April 28.