Once you have created an ePortfolio, you can start building content for your ePortfolio. If you have not yet created an ePortfolio click here to learn how.
The ePortfolio Dashboard is the main area in which you will be creating content for your ePortfolio using Pages. Pages are the elements of your ePortfolio that will contain the content you create such as your assignment submissions, file uploads, images, etc. Pages can then be grouped together later as a section.
Create ePortfolio pages
Click on Account in the upper left corner to access your Profile. Select ePortfolios from the navigation menu to access the general ePortfolios page.
Navigate to your ePortfolio Dashboard
Select the ePortfolio that you would like to add content to. Once you click to open your ePortfolio, you will be navigated to your ePortfolio Dashboard.
On the right hand side of your ePortfolio Dashboard, click Organize/Manage Pages. Once you click this, the section will expand with two additional options.
- Click Add Another Page and add as many pages as necessary, titling each page as you go. If you prefer to add content to each page as you go along, you can move forward to the instructions for adding content. When you are ready, you can add more pages by clicking Add Another Page
- Click Done Editing to finish creating your pages. If you would like to rename a page, you can do so by clicking the pencil icon to the left of the pages listed.
Tip: When naming pages choose simple, descriptive titles that convey the content for that page, e.g. Personal Philosophy.
Once you have created and saved all of your pages, you are ready to start adding content.
Add content to ePortfolio pages
- The Rich Text Content function lets you enter and/or edit text directly on a given page. This is the default way to enter content and will likely be reflective text descriptions.
- The HTML/Embedded Content allows you to link to media or include media such as videos within your ePortfolio. You may want to use this function to enhance the appearance of your site or contribute relevant content to your work.
- The Course Submission option allows for embedding any coursework submitted in Ember. This is useful for directing your instructor to drafts of your work from your current or previous courses.
- Image/File Upload lets you attach any coursework not submitted in Ember such as, peer reviews.
Each time you add content you must add a new content box by selecting from options in the Add Content menu. So, if you have several files to upload, you will need to add a new content box each time. The same rule applies for all of the content types.
Save page changes
You can add text for your portfolio pages directly into the Rich Text Editor which appears on the right. There you can modify the formatting, size, and appearance of the text, as well as insert images using the picture icon or link to other content within Ember using the chain icon.
Click the Save Page button to save your content. Make sure you do this each time you add new content. You may also Preview before saving to see whether the page appears as you wish.
Include assignment submissions
You can add assignments you have submitted in both current and past courses by selecting the Course Submission from the panel.
All assignments you have submitted in Ember will be listed in chronological order starting with recent assignments at the top of the list. Simply click on the assignment of interest. You can confirm whether the course submission is the correct one for your ePortfolio by Previewing the selection. Note that only one assignment can be embedded at a time. You will need to add a new course submission for each assignment you want to embed.
Include an image
You can add an image or file from outside of Ember by selecting Image/File Upload in the panel.
Click the Select/Upload File button  to upload the file. You can also use the files you have previously uploaded to your personal files using my files .
To save the edits for a page select Save Page from the menu on the right of the screen.
Once you have completed editing within pages, select the Done Editing button in the bottom of the right menu.
Rearrange or delete content
- Rearrange the content boxes by hovering over the top left corner of the box and clicking down on the arrow icon to move.
- Delete any content at any time by hovering over the right corner of the box and clicking the Trash icon.