Ember’s ePortfolio tool allows you to digitally collect and synthesize various artifacts from across your courses in one place. Artifacts may include:
- Papers with instructor feedback
- PowerPoint presentations
- Audio recordings
- Video projects
Essentially, anything you have created during your university learning experience can be collected in your ePortfolio. By default, your ePortfolio is private; you can keep it private or share with your peers, instructors, or download to share with future employers.
Create an Ember ePortfolio
Open your profile
Click on your name in the upper right corner to access your Profile and select ePortfolios
Click Create an ePortfolio
On the general e-Portfolios page, select the Create an e-Portfolio button located on the right side of the screen.
Choose ePortfolio settings
1. Create your ePortfolio Name.
Tip: Select a name that will sufficiently describe the ePortfolio contents such as, Seminar101_Fall2015.
2. Choose the privacy settings for your ePortfolio
Check the Make it Public option or not. Making it public will allow anyone to access it, while making it private will restrict access to those with whom you have shared the link.
3. Click the Make ePortfolio button to finish making your portfolio. Note: The private or public setting can be modified at any time.
View ePortfolio Dashboard
Every ePortfolio has it’s own ePortfolio Dashboard from where the ePortfolio is managed.
- The Getting Started Wizard provides a step-by-step walk-through to customize your ePortfolio.
- The Go to the Actual ePortfolio link routes you to a list of options for adding content to your ePortfolio.
- Your ePortfolio is [privacy setting] tag displays the current visibility setting (i.e., Public or Private).
- If your ePortfolio is Private, you can still share it with others by selecting Copy and share this link.
- Recent Submissions displays your recent coursework with the option for making this coursework part of the ePortfolio.
- The ePortfolio can be downloaded by clicking the link, Download the contents of this ePortfolio as a zip file.
- You can also choose to delete an ePortfolio by selecting Delete this ePortfolio.