Here you will learn how to easily record your screen using My Media, along with audio and webcam feeds, to create and publish screencasts. Instructors and students can also record and share lectures, presentations, software tutorials, and additional screencasts.
Access the Webcam recording option
There two options that would allow you to add a new Webcam recording:
- Open My Media in the course navigation menu.
- Click on the My Media icon in the Editor from within a discussion or assignment.
Screen Recording Option
1. Click the Add New button.
2. Select Screen Recording.
Once selected, the Screen Recorder page will be displayed.
Launch the Screen Recorder
3. In the Screen Recording window, click the + Launch the screen recorder button.
Note: Before screen recording, you will be asked to agree to a terms and conditions statement as outlined by your institution.
Record your screen
4. In the Screen Recorder, follow the instructions to record your screen:
a. Drag and resize the frame to define the screen area to record and enter Alt-P or click the Record button to begin recording.
b. Toggle Alt-P or the Record/Pause button to pause and continue recording.
6. Review your recording and click Upload. You will receive notification message when upload is successful.