Here you will learn how to use the Record from Webcam feature in My Media to create webcam media such as welcome messages, introductions, assignment instructions, simple demonstrations, and other recordings.
Access the Webcam recording option
There two options that would allow you to add a new Webcam recording:
- Open My Media in the course navigation menu.
- Click on the My Media icon in the Editor from within a discussion or assignment.
Click the My Media link in the course navigation menu.
Click the My Media icon in the Editor from within a discussion or assignment.
Webcam Recording Option
1. Click the Add New button.
2. Select Webcam Recording.
Once selected, the Record from Webcam page will be displayed.
Allow camera and microphone access
3. To record from Webcam, click the Allow button.
Note: Before recording from webcam, you will be asked to agree to a terms and conditions statement as outlined by your institution.
4. Click anywhere on your screen to begin webcam recording.
Fill out the details of the video and save
6. Once you have finished recording, please fill out the details including name of video and click Save.
Upload webcam recording
7. You will receive an Upload Completed message when successful.
8. Click the Save button when finished.