Anytime you need to add media to an Ember item, whether it is an assignment submission, forum post, or resource you can do so directly from the HTML editor or submission space, or you can pre-load your content to My Media or upload new content.
Pre-load media to My Media
If you have media you will be sharing in multiple locations you should use the My Media feature to load the content and then place it later.
Open My Media
1. Click the My Media link in the course navigation menu.
Select media from existing content
Existing content will display in the My Media section.
2. Select your media by clicking on the box to the left of the video.
3. Click the Actions button.
4. Select the + Publish button.
Choose privacy option
You will be given the option to select how you would like to publish your media.
- Private: Media is visible for you or the content owner.
- Published: Media is visible to individuals in your course or in Ember.
5. To display media in a course, ensure Published option is selcted.
6. Select the course you would like to publish media to.
7. Click the Save button, when finished.
Note: A notification will appear at the top of the page once media has been successfully published to selected course.
View media published indicator
8. A message will display indicating where your media was published successfully.
Upload new media
You can upload media from the My Media or Media Gallery interface via the Add New menu.
Select Media Upload option
- Click the Add New button.
- Select Media Upload.
Once selected, the Upload Media page will be displayed.
Choose a file to upload
- Click the + Choose a file to upload button.
Note: Before uploading, you will be asked to agree to a terms and conditions statement as outlined by your institution.
Open the file you would like to upload
- Locate the file on your computer and select Open.
Enter video information
- Video will show as Upload Completed, when successful. Please fill out the details including name of video.
- Click the Save button when finished.