The Dashboard is the first thing you will see when you log in. The Dashboard helps you see what is happening in all your courses and allows you to figure out what to do next.
Go to Dashboard
Click on your university logo in the Global Navigation menu to navigate to your Dashboard at any time.
The Dashboard consists of four main elements:
- Global Navigation on the left side of the page
- The Help Corner
- The Global Stream, which comprises the main body of the page.
- The Sidebar with various types of feeds
The Dashboard is designed to answer the questions, "What is going on in all of my courses?" and "What do I need to do next?"
1. Global Navigation
The Global Navigation directs users to menus or pages that display:
- A users profile page
- A users courses
- The Calendar
- The Conversations inbox
These four menus and pages will display different items depending on whether you are a student or an instructor. Under Assignments, for example, Instructors will see assignments that need to be graded and, students will see assignments that need to be turned in.
2. Help Corner
The Help Corner is where instructors or students start if they want to Contact Technical Support or Student Services through the help link.
3. Global Stream
The Global stream contains all of your courses in Ember. From here you can see whether each individual course has received a: 1. New discussion reply 2. New assignment grade or 3. New announcement.
The Sidebar contains three helpful feeds:
- The To Do feed lists the next five assignments you need to turn in (if you are a student) or need to grade (if you are an instructor). Assignments will still show up in this list even if they are past due. Click the links to go directly to the Assignments page.
- The Coming Up feed lists the next five assignments or events coming due in the next week.
- The Recent Feedback feed lets students know when their instructor has left a comment or a grade for one of their submissions. The same feed will let instructors know when students have left comments about work they have evaluated. This feed helps students and instructors keep the conversation alive around Assignments.